Old August 10th 05, 02:21 PM
MartinM

Default Go Simon Go!! - The result

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message . com,
MartinM ') wrote:

dkahn400 wrote:

Compared to himself, of course. The Race of Truth is against oneself
as much as the other riders.

one 'truth' hit me at the age of 40; the fact that I was never going
to make vet standard time. A tried and tested way of sorting the wheat
from the chaff.

What is 'vet standard time'?

Hmm, you're asking now,from memory I think it's an average time that
riders do once over the age of 40; starts at 1.06.30 for a 25 at the
age of 40 IIRC and increases by 30s every year of age or therabouts;
www.rttc.org.uk should have it all. Most if not all TT's have a prize
for the vet who beats his/her standard time by the biggest margin.
Just to rub it in they often write the minus times (ie mine) in red in
the finish board. Watching my time go up in red was enough to convince
me to move on. But a lot of riders love it and more power to them; to
beat a PB is a great feeling, even though I only did it twice.