Old July 5th 17, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Peter Sagan

I looked as closely at the bad coverage as possible.

To me it appeared that Cavendish crossed Sagan's back wheel and touched it throwing Sagan slightly off-balance and all Sagan did was to re-balance himself. That was the elbow going out. Not to block Cavendish but to regain balance.

I couldn't even tell if Sagan's elbow even contacted Cavendish. And Cavendish was unclear about it in his interview. Though he was in a great deal of pain and so being unclear is more than forgivable.

I find it extremely irritating that a "jury" would believe that it is a sprinter's job to move out of the way of someone coming from behind.