Old July 6th 17, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael[_10_]

Default Peter Sagan

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 8:47:56 AM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:
I looked as closely at the bad coverage as possible.

To me it appeared that Cavendish crossed Sagan's back wheel and touched it throwing Sagan slightly off-balance and all Sagan did was to re-balance himself. That was the elbow going out. Not to block Cavendish but to regain balance.

I couldn't even tell if Sagan's elbow even contacted Cavendish. And Cavendish was unclear about it in his interview. Though he was in a great deal of pain and so being unclear is more than forgivable.

I find it extremely irritating that a "jury" would believe that it is a sprinter's job to move out of the way of someone coming from behind.

100 percent agree. Sagan said he didn't see Cavendish. There was about a bike length between Damare and Cavendish, and when Damare passed Sagan, Sagan followed. It looked like Sagan's move frustrated Cavendish, so he pushed his head and shoulder into Sagan to get Sagan out of Cavendish's way, causing his own fall. Very unfortunate all the way around.