Old March 28th 19, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Pavement cyclist causes crasj and scarpers.

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 13:46:33 -0700 (PDT)
Simon Jester wrote:

Out dated cars have this ridiculous thing called a clutch. In the
dark ages drivers would have to start their cars with a crank handle,
manually advance the ignition timing and (if you can believe it)
manually change gears, I know it sounds crazy in this day and age but
it's true.

I've only ever driven manual cars with the exception of one automatic
that also had hand controls - I found the hand controls easier to use
than the pedals because my left foot kept trying to use the brake as a
clutch. I expect I could unlearn this behaviour given time, if I had
to, but in the meantime it's actually easier for me to handle the gears
and clutch myself.