Old November 10th 04, 11:33 PM
Bill Baka

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:18:39 +0800, Michael J. Klein
wrote:
snip
Every snapper I've come across (the live one that is) have immediately
snapped at the nearest thing. The ones I've seen have been around 18 -
24 inches in size. Nasty temperament! I guess to get to be that size
they have to be able to defend themselves.

Sometimes the only way to move them is to wave something in front of
them onto which they will invariably latch, and then drag them off the
road.

Michael J. Klein
Dasi Jen, Taoyuan Hsien, Taiwan, ROC
Please replace mousepotato with asiancastings

About 20 years ago I was going to Arkansas to visit my dad,
on the interstate, 40, and pulled over to stretch my legs.
The road was almost paved over with turtle shells, the
contents of which were splatted out. Turtle genocide by
motor vehicles. I scooted about a dozen off of the road
before I resumed driving. I have heard stories about efforts
to put "turtle tunnels" under some of the turtle paths.
The turtles and even the tarantulas in Texas, Arkansas, etc.
all have bad attitudes, not mellow like the California
counterparts.
Bill Baka