Old November 26th 05, 03:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default R.I.P. Jim Price (aka. "biker_billy", "sydney", "Boudreaux")

spin156 wrote:
A very sad note that Jim Price was struck and killed a couple of days
ago. He was a frequent poster on several forums and famous for his
incredible knowedge of bicycles and for his very sharp wit. The
story is that Jim (63 yrs old) was in a bike lane and struck by a 17
yr old driver who was attempting to text message and drive at the same
time. This is very sad loss for the cycling world.

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Jim. You will be
missed.

Please see a message from his daughter:
http://forums.bicycling.com/thread.j...47561&tstart=0

Wow, someone just posted a very matter-of-fact article about this in rbm
(which was the point of his post -- that the article was TOO
matter-of-fact). I don't he (or I, for that matter) recognized the victim's
name.

Damn sad story; R.I.P. indeed...