Old November 17th 19, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Gresham's Law

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 09:49:44 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Jeff, the ELASTIC bands in most bicycle clothing are pure latex.
I think that I even see occasional warnings about this since
some people are allergic to it.

Sure, but the latex elastic rubber bands are covered with cloth or
Spandex (urethane) and do not touch the skin. If you really want all
Latex bike shorts, you could make your own:

"Latex Bike Short Tutorial"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRlQyDnL3M8
http://www.mjtrends.com/articles.php

I haven't seen anyone wearing a shiny rubber B&D costume while bicycle
riding, but it is possible:
"Rubber Cycle Shorts"
https://www.invinciblerubber.com/rubber-cycle-shorts
Yech, not good. The shoelaces might get tangles in the gears.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D