Old October 20th 15, 03:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

Default Danger! Danger!

,,,cord injury. As she was stretching one to tie down her
sleeping bag, it slipped and hit her in the lip. She had a nice big
bubble in her lip for several days afterwards.

So I agree with the first three words of the sticker. The next sentence
is true, in the sense that bungees are one of a million things that CAN
cause severe injury. The rest is overkill.

Bungee's are a very low priority item.

When I was about 8 years old I fell out of a tree, I fell off a horse
once or twice, my brother had a ram sheep knock him down several times
before he could get out of the barnyard, my cousin fell on a pitch
fork and drove a tine through his calf. My mother caught her hand in a
clothes wringer".

Hot Damn! Life is just full of dangers.

(Why doesn't the government Do Something)

Oh, but it is! It's spreading "Danger! Danger!" warnings!

Those things should have warnings on them. I had one fall into the
gears and they came to a (grinding) halt and I went flying. I use
them on the bike only with very careful attention. I've had other
people tell me that similar things happened to them while using bungie
cords on a bike.