Old November 7th 14, 08:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I suspect hikers outnumber bikers 100,000 to 1, maybe
1,000,000 to 1.

Well, your suspicions are, yet again, wrong. There are are 50 million mountainbikers in the US alone so that would require there to be between 5 and 50 TRILLION hikers ... rather more than the population of the earth. Idiot.

Just can’t resist numbers can you? How about hikers to bikers 1,000,000,000 to 1. Have fun!

Apparently it is my destiny to be Bugs Bunny to your Elmer Fudd.
[...]

Media reports say it all.

Yes, they say that hiking is more dangerous than biking ... more reports of fatalities and serious injuries. Idiot.

Your dumb numbers only say whatever you are dumb enough to believe. You are worse than an idiot. You are a fool!
[...]

I'm conservative politically ... so, not at all into politically correct thinking. But it's still totally irrelevant.

But you are into politically correct thinking. After all, this business about sharing because public is a liberal notion. Also, you seem to be lacking any elitist sentiments. You are not a conservative socially. We social conservatives believe in tradition, and trails have traditionally been just for hikers (and equestrians), not for every new thing that comes down the pike.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great