Old July 17th 11, 03:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
SMS

Default habitat

On 7/17/2011 1:09 AM, Chalo wrote:

snip

As long as their ways comply with common ethical and legal rules, you
are no more correct than they are in the ways you commune with
nature. Have your own way, and leave others to have theirs.

Well stated. If you believe the rules are wrong, or are not being
enforced, work for changes, don't take the law into your own hands and
physically attack anyone. I expect that jail was not a pleasant experience.

The rules about access are not always logical and sometimes should be
changed. I.e., both hikers and mountain bikers would like to see greatly
reduced access for equestrians, but the equestrians are generally
well-connected and wealthy, and get their way.

The big expansion of mountain biking should take place in national parks
outside the heavily used core area. Let's get kids out from in front of
the video games and out on mountain bikes. Not only will it get them
some exercise, it builds a future constituency for the national parks.

Since all the experts agree that mountain bicycling is no more damaging
to trails or wildlife than hiking, there is no reason to have such
limits on mountain biking in national parks.