Old December 17th 07, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
burtthebike

Default CTC and the DfT design guidance consultation

"Ekul Namsob" wrote in message
news:1i9a4tq.1kf4ev81147e3fN%notmyaddress.1.ekulna ...
Ian Jackson wrote:

The latest CTC e-newsletter has a link to their response to an
important consultation on government guidance for design for cycling.

The CTC's response is here
http://www.ctc.org.uk/resources/Camp...draft)_con.doc
(sadly a Word file with the edits left visible in the change tracking).

I've on occasion been quite critical of the CTC but this seem to be an
example of a very good and useful piece of work. What can we best do
to try to get the DfT to accept as many of the CTC's representations
as possible ?

Once the CTC has decided on its response, I might suggest that it would
be helpful for as many cyclists as possible to write to their MPs, much
as they did about the Highway Code.

Cheers,
Luke

Excellent idea, count me in.