Old November 14th 11, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default Ginger Limit for Fighting Prostate Cancer

On Nov 14, 4:42*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 6:26*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:

I recently told a medical student that I was afraid I was going to die
of prostate cancer. *He busted out laughing, "Everyone dies of
prostate cancer if he lives long enough."

This was not the desired response.

Since then a study appeared showing the juice from ginger root would
significantly reduce prostate cancer. *At $1.49/lb ginger root is
cheaper than a lot of produce that might not be quite as effective
against prostate cancer. *If it tasted ok I was willing to swap out
mushrooms for equal or greater masses of ginger root.

I started to wonder what is the maximum amount of ginger that can be
added. To save time instead of a linear increase in ginger I opted for
geometric..

Going from one tablespoon/serving to 2 in stir fry improves the
taste. *No downside there. *Taste falls off sharply above 4
tablespoons but the aroma will bring neighbors over hoping for some of
the food.

This requires more study, at least with the missing 3 tbs. data
point. *A lot of chefs are expert at this and probably already saute a
few pounds of ginger and garlic / day near the exhaust fan to attract
customers.

Bret Cahill

Cheers, I will have to add ginger to sea salt in the list of magic
ingredients that do far more than people reckon.
I have some shredded ginger in a jar in the fridge which I add to my
evening sauna cooked meat.
--
Simon Mason

D&G Jamaican Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic). It's been a long time
since I had a good alcoholic ginger beer. Crabbies seems easily
available but sweet, only get the small bottles unless you are
splitting a pint bottle.