Old November 1st 17, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On 2017-11-01 13:00, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/1/2017 3:27 PM, Joerg wrote:

With me that happened yesterday. School bus from the other side,
driver backed out of driveway with gusto into the school bus' path,
the bus driver swerved around and into my lane. If I had been lane
center I'd be in the hospital or morgue today.

I don't think I'd have ended up in the hospital just because I rode at
lane center. I know about steering a bike.

Except when it's too late to get to the side or as in this case off the
road. But I know, you are superman and can easily put on a kilowatt or
two to do this uphill.

I don't ride with the big group anymore. I got tired of every ride being a race.

But I would ride with the moderate group and once in awhile I'd get ticked off at the leaders riding away like that and I would ride up to them on an 8% climb after they had a quarter mile head start. But that was also when I could go from 15 mph to 32 mph to get through lights on busy streets. I think I can only do a sitting sprint to 25 mph or so now. But part of that may be the heavier bike with less aero position.