Old December 20th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Zabriskie did it?

In article ,
"Matt C" wrote:

[post de-TOFU'd]

On 2006-12-18 15:16:47 -0800, "Fred Pan" said:

It sounds like he never rode...
Fred Pan
"Dan Connelly" wrote in message
et...
So does anyone know if Zabriskie set the previously unclaimed US
Hour Record?

Talk about ****** of tha Decade.......

It was a miserable **** UP.

Turns out "Zabriske did not have the correct bike with him so the ride
was cancelled."

Anyway....While thzy were still mingling and confused, Floyd (who has
never ridden the track before)

Whoa. I'm nothing and nobody, and I've ridden track twice. How is it
Floyd has gotten as far as he has, and never ridden a track bike, even
as a lark?

Not even a road fixie?

The record requires round tube frame.

Zabriskie required to ride Cervelo (contract).

Cervelo does not make round tube frames.

Okay, this is an utter red herring. Cervelo has been sponsoring some
CXer for a dog's age on a re-stickered bike, simply because they weren't
yet happy enough with their in-house CX bike project to let him ride it
(or maybe he wasn't happy; whatever).

Point being, they're not philosophically adverse to badge-engineering,
and it's the simplest bike in the world to "design."

If they weren't willing to weld up a few stock Easton tubes in the shop
for him, they could have gotten any one of a zillion custom frame makers
to assemble one, and then add a big "é" sticker.