Old June 22nd 05, 05:13 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default now, how did that happen?

Riding a fairly easy, fun trail this evening ... somehow ended up on the
wrong line for a short, rocky climb and found myself waay to the
outside, riding in soft dirt (still on the trail, though; the dropoff
ensured that). Tried to pedal through it and --

Bam! Went from vertical to horizontal without even realizing it
was happening. I guess that dirt at the edge of the trail was looser
than I thought. My shin's a bit achy; I think it got tweaked when my
leg freed itself from the pedal.

Despite my novice nature, I don't fall terribly often. Dabs, sure,
but almost never do I or my bike hit the ground. This one took me
completely by surprise.

Oh, and this was a landmark ride! It's the first time I've ever been
stuck behind a male rider going slower than me on a descent.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain