Old June 23rd 05, 06:00 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-22, lowkey penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Despite my novice nature, I don't fall terribly often. Dabs, sure,
but almost never do I or my bike hit the ground. This one took me
completely by surprise.

Oh, and this was a landmark ride! It's the first time I've ever
been stuck behind a male rider going slower than me on a descent.

Though I guess that would explain why he going slower, wouldn't it?

;-)

Hrrm? The fall was on a completely different section of the trail.
This guy hadn't even seen me at that point.

Fast forward to the next time I ride the trail and I am cautious
remembering my last time. I get to that section and I have to go
feet down to avoid doing another dismount. I am really surprised as
this trail never gave me these conniptions in past years. I
speculate the trail must have eroded somewhat changing its'
characteristics.

Possibly. If you're being cautious because of that one mishap,
though, you are probably riding it more slowly than you used to, and
it's just easier for things to go wrong when you're going slow.

Writing about it I'm thinking I give it another run.

Definitely do so! I'm a big believer in keeping at a tough section
until I get it right; if I don't do that, then the next time I'm at
that section, I freak out even worse.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain