Old February 4th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

Default Rear-View Mirrors

On Feb 1, 5:03*pm, "david" wrote:

I have never tried helmet/ glasses mounted types, they do not appeal.
Of the bicycle mounted ones the best by far is the original Mirycle. These
can only be fitted to non aero road levers, which suits me well becase 3 of
my bicycles have these levers.

I have one, too, bought within the last 5 years or so. It was a pain
to put on, involving drilling out the cable guide and other non-
reversible steps. If I'd known all the steps, I wouldn't have bought
it, in fact. Besides that, the mirror has a lot of mass compared to a
more modern mirror such as a Cateye 7cm mtb mirror (which I've adapted
to my other drop-bar bikes) so it goes out of adjustment easily unless
very tight.

And to weigh in on the noise issue, I can't tell the difference
between a hybrid or straight diesel bus approaching from behind,
whether it's on battery or not. Tire and air noise are by far the
biggest factors.