Old February 5th 09, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris[_12_]

Default Rear-View Mirrors

On Feb 1, 9:44 pm, SMS wrote:
Yeah, his attitude reminds me of "G-d said it, I believe it, and that
settles it."

My opinion is based on years of experience as a bicycle retailer and
as a bicycle rider. I’ve tried a variety of makes and models of
mirrors, and disliked them from the onset enough to not want them on
my helmet, glasses (which I do not wear), or handle bars. They bounce,
move out of alignment, and block your field of vision in the area I
want to see most of my peripheral vision, front left to avoid left
turning cars.

Again, /my opinion/.

A mind is a terrible thing to close.

Let us know when you stop judging people for having an informed
opinion with experience. Until then, the statement applies to you, not
me.

Chris