Old April 18th 18, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default today's ride

On 2018-04-16 22:05, James wrote:

88km this morning. Only had the lycra skin suit on, and I was
still sweating.

Have you tried cotton?

I'm big on cotton too, but then I cycle in street clothes except for
my rain jacket.

That is the other advantage. I can cycle to a church meeting or other
event without looking like a Tour de France rider.

But the Australian heat is something else, very different from
California, where even a hot day would be a cool day in Australia.
And where James lives, in Queensland IIRC, there's high humidity as
well. You'd sweat right through cotton too.

It can get to about 110F here but then it is usually a dry heat. On more
humid days I sweat through the T-shirt quickly. If on a trip to
somewhere where that isn't appropriate I either carry a 2nd (nicer)
T-shirt in a pannier or bring along some kitchen-size Kleenex sheets
that I lay under the T-shirt before I get there.

Thing is, no matter how fancy the jersey fabric a rider will sweat. If
that sweat can't evaporate due to high humidity it'll linger around in
any case. I've "enjoyed" the fragrance of sweaty riders in expensive
team jerseys while at pubs. It's not pretty. On cycling friend carries a
small can of deodorant along for that (no kidding).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/