Old August 8th 03, 12:45 AM
Pat

Default Recommended high-volume floor-type bicycle pumps?

x-no-archive:yes

Before that I wore out a Zefal Plus (lasted 10 years or so), which was

also
a double acting (works when both pushing and pulling) pump that had the

two
cylinders side-by-side. Only problem with the Plus was the check valve at
the bottom, I repaired the spring (with a spring cut from a retractable
ball point pen) several times before retiring the pump, I think it

ingested
dirt and other stuff because the inlet was so close to the floor.

-- Doug Milliken

Hey, I had one of those and I bought it in 1984. When I couldn't maintain
any pressure in it, I suspected the plastic (yes! plastic!) cup was worn
out. I tried to contact Zefal about parts and they just laughed. So, you're
saying I should look for a spring, eh?

it's still in the garage.

Pat in TX