Old April 20th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Most Dangerous: Cars, Dogs, Kids on Wheels, Other Bikers, Pedestrians?

Ziactrice wrote:

How do you rank the most common dangers you encounter by risk? Meaning
not just severity (cars!) but frequency (kids!). I'm not yet riding on
the Real Roads, but when I do I suppose I'll be missing that nasty
little dog in comparison to the traffic.

Around here (MA) dogs seem much less of a problem than what's reported
from some other locales.

Most studies will show that cyclists are their own biggest danger. Most
crashes involve just the rider.