Old April 20th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Most Dangerous: Cars, Dogs, Kids on Wheels, Other Bikers, Pedestrians?

In article .com,
"Ziactrice" writes:

How do you rank the most common dangers you encounter by risk? Meaning
not just severity (cars!) but frequency (kids!).

Well, I'd put jaywalkers right up near, if not the top of the list.
I don't know if they think bicycles "don't matter" since bikes are
smaller than cars, or if they just don't visually register the
presence of oncoming bicycles. And a lot of 'em underestimate
the speeds and stopping distances of bikes.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.