Old September 12th 09, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_8_]

Default "Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous."

JNugent wrote:
Brimstone wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:
"mileburner" wrote:

I would suggest that you keep an eye on the traffic and be prepared
to get out of it's way if it is coming at you and looking like it
is not going to stop. The roads are dangerous donchaknow?

While I agree they are dangerous, the question is whether it is
tolerable in a civilised society to allow them to be this dangerous?
It seems to me that either the people who drive have got to get a
lot better at driving (I include myself), or slow down drastically,
or be prevented from driving. Current standards of driving skill in
this country are not acceptable.

How do you legislate for a driver suffering a heart attack whilst in
motion?

Outlaw driving altogether?

But someone cycling might suffer the same fate and collide with pedestrians.