Old September 12th 09, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

Default "Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous."

In article , Adam Lea wrote:
BrianW wrote:

We need proper, segregated lanes and facilities within towns and
cities. Like they have in Holland. Most of the urban cycle lanes we
have in the UK are worse than useless, as the article points out.

Where within the towns are you going to put them?

The problem is that it is like MattB and his motorway utopian dream, there
just isn't the land availabilty in urban areas to do a proper job of it.

Plenty of room if you ban cars. Somehow I suspect that's the answer
MattB is looking for....