Old September 12th 09, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ace[_3_]

Default "Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous."

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 19:40:48 GMT, Alex Potter
wrote:

Alan Braggins wrote on Sat, 12 Sep 2009 20:31:00 +0100:

Plenty of room if you ban cars. Somehow I suspect that's the answer
MattB is looking for....

When it takes me (unfit, 62 year old) 3 times as long to travel from the
city centre to my home by bus than it does by bike (I live just outside
Birmingham's "Outer Circle" on one of Brum's radial roads), I suspect
that the time for banning cars in most cities is long overdue.

You'd be much better off if you could just ban large cities instead.