Old September 13th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

Default "Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous."

JNugent wrote:
Keitht wrote:

JNugent wrote:
Keitht wrote:
JNugent wrote:
Phil W Lee wrote:
Doug :

Surely if every time a driver set off on a journey they knew they
could be facing a long prison sentence for killing or seriously
injuring someone they would drive much more carefully and have more
respect for the safety of vulnerable cyclists and pedestrians?

I favour the spiked steering wheel boss myself, although for maximum
psychological impact the spike would ideally be mounted about 14"
lower.

Doug and Lee interacting and egging each other on.
A better example of the social reinforcement of bullying would be
hard to find.

The steering wheel spike is frequently quoted by police as being the
only real item that would stop people riving like idiots.
PL is only repeating what I've seen on telly several times.

Doug, Lee and KeithT interacting and egging each other on.
A better example of the social reinforcement of bullying would be
hard to find. Unless another name can be added to the list.

But we are only repeating what has been said by those who have to deal
with the everyday mess that with is caused by poor and inconsiderate
drivers.

It would be better if you all stopped, *thought* about the topic,
*considered* it and then either:

It may be better if you stopped and thought.

(a) made *sensible* suggestions instead of your usual fourth form level
remarks, or

(b) refrained from making any suggestions at all (since you don't appear
to have any sensible ones to make).

Pot -kettle

Option (b) would make you all look less silly and less like demented
beings braying against the normal (and real) world.

Motor cars are not going away this side of a world cataclysm. Get used
to it.

Erm - I have never said anything about riddng the planet of motor vehicles?

More than one person having seen or heard similar remarks from those
qualified to investigate and interpret vehicle crashes are not engaged
in some form of bullying.
Real life - not something you seem to be that familiar with.

Or is it just that you are jumping on the 'hate Doug' bandwagon which
is is obvious bullying.

I - as Doug ought to be the very first to admit - have never done that.

When he is right (and he sometimes is), I support him.

My pink half of the drainpipe.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.