Old July 27th 05, 11:58 PM

Default "Dangerous" Cantilers?

Robin Hubert wrote:
Hit the CR key by mistake ... and now DSL quit ... delay in posting

One of our esteemed experts previously suggested that a cantilever
equipped bike without bbl adjusters is dangerous.

"If there are no adjusting barrels provided, the bike is dangerous and
defective. Nobody should accept such incompetence."

I'm baffled by this. Inconvenient, maybe, but dangerous? Defective?

Comments appreciated.

Inconvenient, maybe. "Dangerous" seems silly.

I think the concept of "safety" has the same place in our society that
the concept of "miracles" had in the dark ages. Back then, if you
described direct miraculous intervention by the Lord, all debate
ceased, no matter how implausible the tale. Anyone questioning was
obviously a heathen to be mocked and shunned.

These days, if anyone accepts something that isn't as "safe" as
possible, they are a heathen to be mocked and shunned.

Seems the age of reason came, then left again.

- Frank Krygowski