Old August 7th 20, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Amazon and Customer practices

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 11:03:17 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
I bought a Di2 wire from a seller on Amazon. If I try to track their package it shows that it hasn't even shipped yet but gives a delivery date of next Tuesday in the mail delivery.

Now, I can see why the seller would avoid the Amazon system and simply put the small package in a mail envelop and drop it in the mail but when you go around the system I can't see where it is and if it is going to be delivered or not. The fact that I could have gotten it from an eBay sell already and had the bike on the road is also bothersome because they didn't say it was going to take 9 days to get a quarter ounce copper wire from southern California to here. 9 days to go 300 miles. It must be being delivered by electric scooter.

My god! The horror! Are you telling us that you will have to wait for a small package to arrive in the mail? I feel your pain, bro!

Meanwhile, you could have walked, ridden or driven to the nearest bike shop and bought a fungible Di2 wire. Or if you broke a wire, solder it back together and use some shrink wrap. I've done that.

Assuming I needed a quick Di2 wire, my first four choices for LBS would be:

https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=49970
https://www.rivercitybicycles.com/pr...e-179671-1.htm
https://www.bikegallery.com/product/...e-179671-1.htm https://www.westernbikeworks.com/pro...50-e-tube-wire

All within easy riding distance. Does your city not have a LBS with Di2 wire?

-- Jay Beattie.