Old May 16th 09, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom_Sherman

Default mushrooms, riding and the economy

Tom Keats wrote:
The weather is finally fairer, and so am I.
Boy, do I ever need some solar exposure to
tint my melanin. As I encounter other riders
around town, I note I'm not the only one.

The working life hasn't been kind to my cycling
life, or for that matter, my dearly departed
bike tan.

But things at work have been so slow lately,
I'm finding myself having more free time (but
less disposable income) for riding around. I
expect I'm not alone there, either. I wonder
how other riders in similar straits are coping?

"And for those of us who have never enjoyed job security, union
protection, tenure, a retirement plan, a secure job in a solid
corporation or booming industry, the jobs we do to put the macaroni on
the dinner table are ours to select only from the jobs we are offered"
- Christopher Cooper

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007