Old August 27th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Big Jim

Default Ohio community's radar sign warns speedy cyclists

The problem with trails/paths is that they make rules and signage too
confusing. The signs should simply say "All trail users keep right".
Nothings worse than riding along and having idiots walking side by
side or runners going on the wrong side..

On Aug 27, 1:50*am, Bill Baka wrote:
Put some facial recognition software and snap a picture of anyone doing

over 10 MPH and watch them laugh when the ticket comes in the mail.
I ride people trails/paths at about 6 MPH down to my balance limit of
about 3 MPH and the people walking are totally friendly with me at that
speed. I was riding a trail when some guy blasted past me at about 20
MPH and I decided to chase him down and chew him out but he got away by
diving down a forgotten paved off ramp I had not used for years. I can
hit about 25-27 MPH on the mountain bike but not for a long time.
Cadence and 60 years catch up to me but the adrenaline works long enough
to catch all but the fastest.
I had been stopped and looking at some power grid stuff and he just
****ed me off since he is the kind that would get bikes banned.

Bill Baka- Hide quoted text -