Old August 17th 03, 02:48 AM
David Kerber

Default It's Already Starting-- The Timeline of My Bike Purchase

In article ,
onent says...

So, I have a new bike, and you'd think I'd ride straight home, right?

I would hope not!

Sure.... but I thought I should check out a bike maintenance manual from
the library... 1 miles down the bike path, and 2 blocks over to the
library. And the kids would need a video to watch while I read,
right?.... off to the video rental store...

I turned what by all rights should have been a 4 minute ride straight home
into an hour of riding around town, picking up stuff, visiting with friends,
and then going home... I'd guess I took a 4 mile "not-so-shortcut" home.

It's already starting.....

LOL! And it just gets worse!

(postscript: I look out my front window today after reading the Ballantine
bike book... and see 2 road bikes at a garage sale across the street....
$30 later, I have two parts bikes that I can use to have fun/learn during
rebuilding.)

Sounds like you're off to a real good start...

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!