Old November 28th 19, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Fall is falling

A winter tip: put tights on before putting calf-high socks on. The
tights give socks something to cling to so they don't settle down
around your ankes.

Less cheerfully, I've now remembered that wearing tights touches off
the neurodermatitis on my shins. Doesn't matter what fiber; it must
just be pressure reading as scratching. It doesn't start until after
I take the tights off, thank goodness.

I'd forgotten that I have neurodermatitis, so the first time it
re-appeared, I raked my nails over my shin instead of rubbing with
witch hazel. Explosive itch! I did remember not to scratch myself
bloody.

Tomorrow we are going to drive two hours, probably arriving at noon,
visit until four o'clock, then drive back, ending with driving half an
hour in civil twilight, and the last quarter hour in nautical
twilight.

This used to be a lot more fun.

I'm taking devilled eggs, three kinds of pickles that I made last
summer, Aldi's Christmas truffles, and a St. Annne's cheeseball that I
bought at Zales Pharmacy. Everybody seems to have a freezer of St.
Anne's cheesballs, even Sherman & Lynn's.

I just Google-map streetviewed. St. Anne's is a really-neat-looking
church building; I must glance to my left the next time I come home by
West Market Street. That end of Market hasn't been rendered League
Against Bicycling "bike friendly" yet, so I can still use it.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net