Old October 29th 03, 08:42 PM
Phil Holman

Default Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote in message
Phil Holman schreef in berichtnieuws
et...

"armstrong" wrote in message
What is it you're trying to say?

Probably that poorly interpreted data can imply questionable

performance
enhancement.

Phil Holman

Where's the error in Rik O'Shea's interpretation? I'm not saying it's

right,
because I hardly understand it, but I'd just like to know what you

think is
wrong with it.

OK, the comparison is made between Mig at his peak and a pretentious LA
when it might be more relevant to compare Mig's early TdF performances
with LA's. There appears to be a faulty premise that a rider has no
business improving unless .........what? Lance's estimated power output
was around 420watts. While this may be all he put out on that particular
stage, it is very probably an underestimate of his capability even
before his cancer. Is it a stretch to say that someone could improve
that much by focusing on major tour riding, with improvements in
endurance, by training and racing much smarter and having their
bodyweight reduced with probably a higher power output? I don't think so
but that's only my opinion.

Phil Holman