Old June 16th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default rasmussen

in message , Donald
Munro ') wrote:

Bounty Bob wrote:

So what does the 6th stage of the tour de suisse mean
for the reigning TDF KOM. From what I read he was
in a break that was still away when it hit the last
late climb. He jumped off and still got run over
by the top of GC guys in that race. I guess the
8 minutes he finished off the pace in the end was
probably mostly because he turned sightseer. But?

He bonked and his team were not allowed to feed him :

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n06/jun16news2

Rasmussen carries so little body fat that he's got to be vulnerable to
this sort of problem. Bit mean of the jury, but Rabobank should have
made sure he had bonk rations in his pockets earlier.

'Victories are not solutions.'
;; John Hume, Northern Irish politician, on Radio Scotland 1/2/95
;; Nobel Peace Prize laureate 1998; few have deserved it so much