Old May 7th 20, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default OK, I admit: [ Does anyone know good thorn-resistant tubes?]

On 5/7/2020 9:01 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:
AMuzi writes:

On 5/6/2020 9:44 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/6/2020 7:27 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/6/2020 4:44 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Notes on how the universe works:

I mentioned above that I get very few flat tires.

Well.

My wife and I just got back from a grocery run. I was pretty
heavily laden. It was a bit of a challenge to fit everything
in my panniers, on top of my rear rack, etc.

Halfway home I noticed my rear tire was low. I was able to
pump it up once and make it the rest of the way without
changing the tube, so that's at least some luck. And I don't
know yet if it's a bit of glass, or maybe a pinch flat due
partly to the load.

But the lesson remains: Don't taunt the puncture gods!

There's that. And goes both ways.

The Europeans were not much bothered by yaws, but the New
World variant remains troublesome to this day

Andrew, I think you attached that to the wrong thread.

Whoops, you're right. Sorry.
I also read 1491 and enjoyed it immensely.

One of these days I mean to get back to St Louis and see the remains
of Cahokia.

You can stop in Wisconsin to see the pyramids:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unsolve...ids-rock-lake/

http://www.ancientpages.com/2018/08/...-of-wisconsin/

bring your snorkel.

--