Old May 11th 09, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thaksin

Default How to get speeding drivers to slow down.

RudiL wrote:
On 11 May, 14:20, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"francis" wrote in message

On 11 May, 12:18, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"spindrift" wrote in message
A Safespeed supporter who recklessly and illegally overtakes and then
threatens a lone female, class!
It puzzles me as to why there are so many pro motoring lobbyists on a
cycling NG; surely they have more than enough forums of their own.
--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/
Why is it in your oponion that a cyclist can not be pro-motoring.

I am a motorist myself. I am puzzled though as to why the two most prolific
posters on here are not cyclists themselves and just post anti-cycling
pro-motoring threads. Why do they not stay away from here and subscribe to
motoring newsgroups instead.

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Yes it is really odd obsessive behaviour.

I've lost count of the armchair psychologists in this group of late.
Absolutely every rabid cyclist in this group brings it up every time
they refer disdainfully at the 'cagers' who post here - its become
almost as common a label as 'troll'. It'd ****ing *amaze* me if but a
single one of these sad ****wits had the remotest understanding of the
conditions they allege with gay abandon.

By the way I have just
discovered the Cycle Chat forum (mentioned in earlier posts). It looks
pretty good and free of Safe Speed madness etc.

"Madness"? Oh, right, so a nice balanced discussion group then? BWAHAHAA
you really are rather pathetic, old son.

*Thousands* of posts
and nearly all to do with cycling and what cyclists experience. No
excessive helmet pushing, although not anti-helmet either. I may
switch. And good advice on primary position and related road
positioning matters. And lots of technical stuff etc etc

Sounds like they need a good dose of reality check, then.

PS I will comment properly soon on the replies to my post about
providing a filtered version of urc. Just been too busy - in essence I
think I'll probably make it an undergraduate final year project taking
on some of the comments made here. It would be a good project for a
student whether or not it gets to be used here.

Its been more than a little while since I was an undergrad, but I'm
sodding sure I remember my lecturer going on about the perils of only
looking for evidence which supports your hypothesis and abandoning all
else. You must have been off that day, then?

However I was surprised how relatively few replies there were apart
from the obvious ones from Judith, Thaksin, Nuxx Bar, etc.

I wonder if the posters you mentioned were among the tiny few who felt
happy to voice an opinion that it was a crap idea, without fear that
they'd be labelled a 'motorist supporter'? Oh no, hang on, that doesn't
fit your preset conclusion, wouldn't it? Better ignore it then, eh? Can
I have a fiver on you getting a lower second? I'd say a Third, but first
degrees have become so diluted nowadays that you seem to get a second
just for spelling your name right, so I guess you'll manage that far...