Old November 18th 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Default RicodJour is an idiot

z wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
z wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

On Nov 10, 2:24 pm, William Asher wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

If somebody brake-checks you on the highway for tailgating...do you
call 911 and scream into the phone, "Please help me...somebody just
tried to assault me with a deadly weapon...hurry, come quick."
Not if there's no collision. But if it really irritates you that people
talk on the cell phone, so you drive around looking for people on the cell
phone to teach them a lesson by cutting in front of them and stopping short
for no reason, and you cause a collision where someone gets hurt, and then
you brag about what you were doing to the responding police officer and how
you had done it several time before with no accident, you might have reason
to expect to be charged with felony assault with a motor vehicle.

This isn't a good contrarian position for you because anyone can
deliberately cause an accident, which is what this guy did, and that is a
felony if you can prove it was deliberate. The only way your position is
defensible is if it were a one-time occurence, but the doctor bragged to
the police he liked doing this, and had done it before, which means it was
deliberate and a felony. If he wasn't such a dumb**** he would have kept
his mouth shut and he would have gotten off with a ticket and a
misdemeanor.
You know, a thought strikes me - odd, but it happens once in a while -
I wonder what they'd find if they investigated how the Damned Doctor
treated cyclists that came through his ER. Maybe his road rage
translated into road rash rage. If I were a lawyer I'd be stirring up
a nice law****, excuse me, lawsuit against the doctor and the
hospital.
Ever hear of statute of limitations?

Normally you're funnier and more insightful. This is stupid, even by rbr
standards. At least you've gotten it turned into a discussion of brakes
and one man's lone crusade to rid the world of a dangerous method of
mounting rear brakes that has worked reliably for over 50 years. That is
gold.
No, no, NO! Don't you remember the high incidence of Campy brake
failures all through the 60's, 70's and 80's? You know, the brakes
that were identical except for the length of the bolt - they failed
all of the time and the number of deaths was...oh, wait...never mind.

R=retard. Did you get around to calling Harry Havnoonian, the mechanical
engineer and framebuilderwith a degree from Drexel who mounts brakes on the
opposite side of the seat stays? I didn't think so.

Jackass.

Magilla

Can you take off the binder bolt from your front brake then show us how
well you can stop on a steep downhill due to the brake being forced
against the fork crown? The results should be about as successful as
when the original MG tried to ride with an open front skewer.

Of course none of believe your words, so a link to the YT video will
suffice.

HANS Henrik Oersted

First of all, before I beat you to death for this most recent post, I must again
ask you if you've located the link that shows a similar husband-wife Olympic coach
relationship like Andy Sparks/Sarah Hammer that you mocked me for not knowing
about in the context of the Becky Quinn thread.

Second, the bolt is the fulcrum and absorbs some of the forces, but not all of
them. On the front brake the bolt absorbs maybe 20% of the braking force. On the
rear brake it absorbs probably 80%. On both brakes, the bolt is crucial for the
brake caliper to work.

Stop misrepresenting my argument.

Magilla

I don't have to. You misrepresent your own.

For the record, you declined to give an example of a husband-wife coach/athlete
situation on the U.S. Olympic team.

Magilla