Old February 4th 11, 05:42 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Wheelset

On 4/02/2011 5:12 PM, Chris Taylor wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for any feedback on Velocity Road hubs I can find!
I'm looking at building a wheelset, At the moment I ride Ultegra Hubs
with Velocity Razor rims 32 Spoke 3X back and 2X front, looking to stay
around the 32 Spoke as I'm a heavy rider 105Kg
Are velocity hubs as good as Ultegra?
What hubs are as good as Ultegra or better?
Can I drop to 28 spoke rear with out problems? Hoping for some help

Sorry for the lame question but what would you be looking for in a good hub?

I normally ride a crappy old road bike (40yo design? and it's very very
sick at the moment and I need to get my hands on a 7-speed rear
derailleur) so I don't know very much about freewheel hubs (I am
assuming the Ultegra is a freewheel?).