Old May 29th 12, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
'Hog[_3_]

Default safety in numbers? Fail

Andy B wrote:
'Hog wrote:

Having driven a 7.5t Cargo around the narrow A and single track B
roads (of Scotland) I suggest on such roads everyone proceeds with
caution and the occasional beep of the horn.

Ok, so if I can't stay on my side of the road or stop for oncoming
traffic I'm ok as long as I give a quick toot on the horn? That
doesn't work when you've maimed somebody who was actually riding on
the correct side of the road and expected the same from other road
users.

Like I said, you are making a case to close narrow roads to heavy traffic.
It's never going to fly. The white line is advisory and everyone has to
proceed with "due care", which includes making allowances for narrow roads
and other traffic. You do it, I do it, most people do it, most of the time.
The point was also made we can't be held to a standard of perfection, there
would be no road users left.
Substitute "local school bus full of kids" for smelly furriner and the Beaks
might have been less charitable at the first court hearing.
IYSWIM.

You and I would probably agree the poor sod with the missing leg should have
retained the financial support but one can also see where the opposing
Council and the Ins Co are coming from.

--
Hog

Remember the 4 "F" rule: