Old February 10th 20, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Better Braking?

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 09:21:42 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 2/8/2020 7:48 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

Firstly, a fact. Bicycle manufacturers drill holes in bike frames.
Do you believe that there are special tubes made, and used, when a
hole is to be placed in a frame? If you are that ignorant than a
perusal of any tube maker's catalogs will certainly teach you
differently.

It's pretty clear that you've never visited a bicycle factory and seen
how frame tubes are manufactured and drilled.

No, I have never visited a bicycle factory.

My qualifications include: completion of an apprenticeship as a
journeyman machinist in 1950, graduation from a 2 year engineering
school, more then 10 years experience in managing metal working shops
for the U.S. Air Force. I was also a qualified welder for both TIG
welding on stainless, magnesium, aluminum and titanium, and
conventional stick welding - flat, corner, upright, overhead. etc., as
well as pipe welding for both gas and liquids.

And while I have never visited a bicycle factory I have built complete
bicycles from tubes and fittings.

Oh! By the way, bicycle factories don't manufacture frame tubes, they
buy them from a specialized company and simply cut them to length.

So, yes, I do suggest that I may well be qualified to talk about
drilling holes in tubes.

Care to furnish some details about your qualifications to discuss the
matter?

snip

You are really a very pitiful person, aren't you.

You'd be better off sticking to factual data than engaging in that sort
of rhetoric. You're reminding us of our U.S. president.

Well, yes,. I am guilty of voicing my personal opinion of you so just
lay out your qualifications to discuss drilling holes in bicycle
frames - maybe your vast experience in metal working? Engineering and
stress analysis? Bicycle repairs? Managing a bicycle shop? Common
sense?
--
cheers,

John B.