Old June 27th 03, 06:49 PM
rorschandt

Default BikeE Recall

Dave Clary wrote in
:

I ran across an article on the BikeE recall and it didn't sound too
good (breaking seats). I've seen some notices about some CTs selling
for $369 and they state they are "post recall." Should I believe
that? Did BikeE fix the problem before they went belly up?

One other question. How reliable is the 3-speed hub? Another factor
in buying a bike that will have no warranty.

Thanks,

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Texas P-38 Squadron (Retired)
Home: http://home.stx.rr.com/dclary
Never Forget: http://www.politicsandprotest.org

The breakage that I know about, involved the little plastic disk-thingies
between the seat bracket and the frame rail. Keyrings were put over the
discs to keep them from cracking. I have read of the metal seat frame
cracking, but I think that was on older models. Somebody will come along
soon to correct me if I am mistaken . (^:
The 3-speed hub would not concern me, I think they are SRAM, and that
company is going well and that is probably who you would contact for parts,
etc.
Why a BikeE, if you are concerned about this stuff? There are many other
manufacturers that are still in business,including one called the P-38 (^:

-- Rorschandt
A HREF="mailto