Old November 3rd 15, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

Default A clear need for walking helmets

On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 20:04:57 -0000, Rob Morley wrote:

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 09:45:31 -0800 (PST)
Alycidon wrote:

On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 17:14:13 UTC, Rob Morley wrote:

"She was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital for treatment to the
head injuries."

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/you...in_Abi ngdon/

Was it a shared use path, and she should have paid more attention,
or was it a criminal attack constituting ABH/GBH?

There is a cycle shop down there called "Pedal Power", so maybe the
cyclist was exercising his right to cross the foootpath at right
angles into the shop doorway as drivers do when accessing their
drives. :-p

https://goo.gl/maps/hhSY1HebiuT2

The bus stop is by the BP garage, just where the pavement narrows,
there is no shared use path. So it seems likely that some idiot was
riding a bike illegally (and too fast) on the pavement and chose to ride
into this poor woman rather than a wall or the back of a bus.
Fortunately it does sound as if she only had a scalp wound, but it
seems a strange choice of story if you're trying to make cycling look a
safer option than other modes of transport.

Yup. Please check a bit more first Mr Alycidon, we must maintain our moral
high ground.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug