View Single Post
Old July 29th 19, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zen Cycle
external usenet poster

Default Coh and Co Bicycles

On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 4:29:43 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 1:59:23 PM UTC-4, Chalo wrote:
To my eyes, they don't look as nice as a frame made from tubing, but they look nice enough. Braze-on style front derailleurs are a nuisance, because they limit the sizes of chainrings that can be used. But these days, you can go without a front derailleur anyway.

My one major misgiving is the deletion of the right seatstay on the "Erik" model. If you can put that kind of grievous design blunder into production, what other-- less visible but still serious-- problems might you have made for the end user?

Looks like they forgot the left chainstay, too. Asymmetry must be very fashionable
now.

I know Cannondale's "Lefty" front non-fork hasn't taken the world by storm, but
I gather it works pretty well. Maybe that's the inspiration?

Some motorcycles have a single swing-arm design

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swinga...e:SprintST.jpg

IT would seem there isn't too much of a problem structurally.

I bought a Cannondale Habit 3 with a lefty 2.0 in 2017. It's the best mountain bike I've ever ridden - caveat: I raced MTB quite a bit in the 90's, and rode a fair number of bikes. I quite racing MB in about 2002, and was racing an Independent Fabrications Custom Ti, which was the only MTB I rode for the next 15 years (went through 3 Rockshox SIDs in that time). So, when I bought the Habit I didn't really have any modern frame of reference, so my experience is at best subjective.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home