Old August 22nd 19, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Darn near lost my sole early this morning!

On 2019-08-19 03:11, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

[...]

... It's a good thing I have a pair of vintage Adidas Eddy Merckx
Competition Shoes I was able to put another pair of Look Delta
cleats on so I can use those shoes for today's ride.

In my experience and in my honest opinion Louis Garneau quality
has plummeted and I've decided that today was the last straw and
I'm done with this brand of bicycling gear. My Adidas Eddy Merckx
shoes were bought in 1986 and I had the bicycle shop drill them
for the Look Delta cleats at the time when I bought them and
those shoes are still going strong.

Wow, but they must smell pretty bad by now :-)

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

The Gorilla Glue is FAR superior to Shoe Goo. I've use Shoe Goo on
regular shoes in the past and they didn't last long.

Is it also better than E6000? I need to buy some more now since the
ortho boot and also my MTB shoes are coming apart and if Gorilla Glue is
better than E6000 I'd buy that instead. In my case it has to work for
very flexible joints (sneakers, sports shoes, not rigid cleats stuff).

My 35 or so years old Adidas Eddy Merckx shoes don't smell at all.
that's because they don't have a nose. LOL VBEG

Ok, let me re-word that. Any sort of emanating stench? :-)