Old December 8th 03, 03:39 PM
IanB

Default Which side of a path?

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 15:56:35 -0000, "Geoff Pearson"
wrote:

Is there any convention on which side of a path or track

to ride on when
facing oncoming cyclists?

I do find it extremely rare to come across an approaching
rider. However I have noticed that whatever the width of
the path, I tend to ride about a half metre from the left
hand edge (i.e. where I normally ride relative to the road
edge). This still applies when the path is only 60cm wide
or even 52cm wide! Just 10 days ago I did come across an
on-coming rider, like me he was riding 50cm from his left
hand edge. The path being just 60cm wide we both moved
slightly right. What position do you adopt on narrowest
paths?
--
IanB

n.b. as I subscribe to two large newsgroups it may be
several days before I see a newsgroup response