Old February 18th 18, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Clear roads and I didn't ride today

I'm a real cut-up when I help set up for a church dinner: chopping
vegetables is something that I can do sitting down.

And I found a very good chopping knife in the unlabeled drawer.

(I have a considerate form of arthritis: I can do anything except
stand still.)

I'll probably be charged with slicing cakes and pies tomorrow. The
chairman is afraid that nobody will bring dessert and is baking
brownies. There has always been an excess of desserts, but apparently
she had a traumatic experience at a meal that I missed.

We're serving spaghetti in red sauce with meatballs on the side (in
case of vegetarians) and a tossed salad; that's an ample meal in my
opinion, and we don't need side dishes. (But bringing a "side dish"
is a good way for a diabetic to bring something that's on his diet
without making a show of it.)

I got to the church half an hour early, but forgot to run up and down
the staircases to make up for being shut in for weeks on end. I did
walk down Ninth Street, which is a staircase, on the way home. I hope
I don't forget again tomorrow.

It's snowing now, so it's back to wearing boots and carrying a cane.
And I don't want to carry my shoes in the bum bag, because I left a
knapsack full of fruit cake in the freezer and have to bring it back.
There's a shoulder bag that would fold to fit the outer pocket of the
knapsack, but I'm not sure the shoes would fit in with it. Perhaps my
best bet is to wear jeans so that I can tie a disposable plastic bag
to my belt.

Weather Underground says (runs off to re-re-re-...check) rain until
Thursday. (Of course, it says "rain" right now, and it's mighty white
out there.) (Wait, there's a pink fleck on the chart about dawn on
Sunday. The snow is only a few hours early.) And some snow in the
night between Wednesday and Thursday. Hmm . . . Wednesday is "AM
showers, and the chart shows them ending just when I'd finish
dressing. But it isn't going to be warm enough that I could risk
getting wet . . .

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net