Old February 20th 05, 03:30 AM
Joshua Goldberg

At the last OPEC meeting the price per barrel was set at $55.00 per barrel
for 2005/2006,
this was set as the bare minimum, I think their calendar year kicks in
around June 2005 and yes I agree $100.00 should be the base price.
Expect a major price hike after Washington threatens to go ballistic on Iran
and more car bombs light up the sky in Saudi Arabia...the mid-east is about
to get very interesting, North American reaction of course will be to build
and buy bigger and more powerful automobile engines for the drive to Wal
Mart 200 miles away to take advantage of all those deep discount savings on
stuff no longer made in America.

Might be a bit premature to look into becoming hippie survivalists, but then
again as the air we breath ends up on par with Mexico City and the only
really good jobs left in America include you asking if your customer wants
Fries with their burger...might not hurt to read up on planting a veggie
garden.

Oh and as America becomes more interesting, expect the cost of tires to rise
a few pennies and everything else we import goes up as fuel costs go up
to get stuff to America.

Nice thing about being old is you have learned to not get excited and take
all this global insanity in stride...if I was 30 years younger, I'd be
pretty ****ed & worried with the way the nation and the environment is going
downhill.

"Zach" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wasn't oil going for about $55/barrel a couple months ago? Whatever it
is the price is much too low and I hope it goes above $100/barrel to
pay for the real costs. Then maybe the excessive number of oversized,
overweight, single occupant vehicles will get off our roads so we have
more space for more benign forms of transportation such as riding
recumbents.

Zach