Old January 23rd 09, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

Martin wrote:
Matt B wrote:
N Ron Hubbard wrote:
How many pedestrians *on the pavement* are hit by motorists every
year?

How many by cyclists?

RCGB 2007 shows that "Vehicle travelling along pavement" was a
contributory factor in 4 fatal, 63 serious and 331 slight "accidents" in
2007. It doesn't give the split by vehicle type.

RCGB 2007 (table 32) shows 44 pedestrians killed on the footway and 522
seriously hurt.

No it doesn't, it very specifically says footway _or_ verge. It doesn't
distinguish.

Either way, from table 4b, which I quoted in my original post, it is
clear that deliberate pavement driving is _not_ a factor in the vast
majority of those casualties.

--
Matt B