Old June 15th 19, 05:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Protecting yourself

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 05:48:53 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 07:42:12 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 6/13/2019 11:12 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 06:19:34 +0700, John B.
wrote:

However I note that as a result of the U.S. presidential ban on some
imports from China the Chinese have, in return, banned the shipment
of most types of plastic waste from the U.S. and Malaysia, Taiwan,
Thailand and Vietnam also are also placing bans on the import of
plastic waste from the U.S.

No sweat. We can ship it to Indianapolis.

It's a difficult problem:
https://www.thebalancesmb.com/recycl...terephthalate-

pet-2877869

labor and energy inputs are high compared to new material.

Here empty PET drink bottles are salable. I see people who harvest
garbage cans collecting large bags fill of them, so apparently recycling
them is a profitable business here.
(a quick look showed nearly 30 PET recycling companies in a country only
slightly larger then the state of California)

It goes back into nurdles and becomes feed stock for new products. It is
all a question of the labour and energy costs n the relevant countries.