Old June 15th 19, 01:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Protecting yourself

On 6/14/2019 11:50 PM, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 07:28:52 -0700, jbeattie wrote:

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 4:20:17 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

However I note that as a result of the U.S. presidential ban on some
imports from China the Chinese have, in return, banned the shipment of
most types of plastic waste from the U.S. and Malaysia, Taiwan,
Thailand and Vietnam also are also placing bans on the import of
plastic waste from the U.S.

Even before the trade war, China was rejecting our recycled plastic --
and even scrap steel. The recyclables market has crashed. With the trade
wars, its crashing more.

My understanding is that at one stage, China was tacking every bit of
scrap metal it coud and now it has a massive stock pile and canonly buy
the best/cheapest.

At one stage, pre WWI, this country was bing ransacked to sell scrap iron
to Japan. That later came back in bombs and bullets. i hope the same does
come about with China. Trump seems to be bent on creating the same
conditions that lead to the Japanese entering WWI in the Pacific yet
again.

You meant the Pacific War probably. In The Great War, Japan
was among the Allies, although AFAIK only antisubmarine
patrols by the Japanese Navy in the Mediterranean.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/